Around the World Backpackers Booking & Cancellation Policy
* DEPOSIT: At the time of booking we charge the credit card for the first night – this confirms the booking.* * NO SHOW: You will be charged balance of 1 night or 50% of entire booking whichever is the greater.
* CANCELLATIONS: We require 48hrs notice of your cancellation. Cancellations within 48 hours of your arrival time will be charged balance of 1 night or 50% of entire booking whichever is the greater.
* REFUNDS: An administration fee of $2 will be taken off a refund that is made to a credit card.
Office hours – 8:00am to 9:00pm. Check out is at 10am.
- $10 key deposit. Refunded when key is returned. No key = no refund + $10 fee. Lost Keys: $20.
- Our hostel has a CCTV Security System in place.
- Where possible, we can store your bags after checkout.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ACCOMMODATION
- No consumption of alcohol is allowed on our premises between 11pm – 12 midday. We will not tolerate drunken behaviour. Drunken guests will be removed from our Hostel
- Smoking (including electronic cigarettes) is NOT permitted in any Around the World Ltd properties, including in the bedrooms, bathrooms, nor on the balconies. Rooms may be fitted with monitored smoke detectors, which may sound an alarm if any smoke is present. Where smoking has been detected within the premises, an additional charge of $100 will be made to cover the additional cleaning of furnishings, carpets, bedcovers etc. Where an alarm or detector is triggered an additional charge of $1,000 will be made. You agree to indemnify Around the World Limited in respect of any such amount claimed.
- Security. Around the World Limited will implement careful procedures around its premises but will take no responsibility for your property. All valuables such as travel documents, keys, credit cards and personal property are the sole responsibility of the individual lodgers.
- Injury and harm your stay is at your own risk and you agree that to the fullest extent permitted by New Zealand law Around the World Limited may disclaim any and all liability in the event of any injury, harm, loss or death.
- Physical damage and or interference to property. Management reserves the right to recover actual and reasonable costs from any guest in the event of damage to property, bedding, carpets, towels, furnishings, electronic equipment, locks etc. Furthermore, in the instance where substantive damage has occurred to property, and in circumstances where the management believe there has been a lack of reasonable and responsible care on the part of the lodger, management reserves the right to recover costs for those damages to an amount not exceeding $1000.00 per instance. You agree to indemnify Around the World Limited in respect of any such amount claimed.
- We provide all bed linen. Sleeping bags are not to be used in beds.
- Please respect your fellow travellers – no unruly or loud behaviour especially during 11pm to 10am.
- Visitors: Must register at reception, are only allowed in communal areas, maximum 2 hours in hostel and must leave the hostel by 8pm.
- Law and Jurisdiction you agree that these terms and conditions are governed by New Zealand law and the courts of New Zealand shall have exclusive jurisdiction over all matters relating to your stay.
- If you have any valuables, we can store it in our SAFE. Please see Reception.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions regarding our booking and cancellation policy.