Around the World Backpackers provides a sanctuary from loud, large hostels
A great place to meet people from all around the world! Kick back, relax and enjoy! With a history as being nominated as one of the best small hostels in the world we would love to see you soon!
We are approx. 10 min walk to the City Centre where you can find the The Restart Mall and the Central Station with Intercity bus depot on Lichfield street. Approx. 20 min walk to Canterbury museum and the Botanical Gardens.
We book Airport Shuttles to and from the airport. $20/$25 for one person and $5 for every extra person. Catch the TranzAlpine shuttle from the hostel to the train station for only $7, book at reception. (TranzAlpine suspended until April 3, 2017)
Around The World is affiliated with The Backpacker Group – Discounted rates available at other hostels throughout the South Island www.thebackpackergroup.co.nz
For check in’s after 9pm; you will receive an email after your booking has been confirmed with instructions on how to enter the hostel and where you will find your key and your room.
Check out our range of FREEBIES!
- WIFI Free UNLIMITED available in every dorm and in the garden
- Computers available
- Tea, coffee and spices for cooking
- Herbs from the herb garden
- Use of the BBQ
- Sky TV – Movies and Sport
- DVD’s to watch over 200 to choose from
- Hairdryers and hair straighteners to borrow
- Alarm clocks to borrow for those early starts
- Unlimited national and NZ mobile calls from the guests phone
- Off street parking (on a first-in, first-served basis)
- Ear plugs!
- Storage for the day
- Printing service available 20 cents per page
We have 2 bikes available to hire, these bikes are ideal for getting around the city. Prices vary, see the activities page for more information.
Please note: security cameras throughout the hostel and in the car park. Parking in our off street parking is at your own risk, do not leave any valuables in your car and keep it locked. We have a bike shed in a secure area that everyone is welcome to use, do not leave bikes unlocked.