Around the World Backpackers provides a sanctuary from loud, large hostels
A great place to meet people from all around the world! Kick back, relax and enjoy! With a history as being nominated as one of the best small hostels in the world we would love to see you soon!
We are approx. 10 min walk to the City Centre where you can find the The Restart Mall and the Central Station with Intercity bus depot on Lichfield street.
We book Airport Shuttles to and from the airport. $20/$25 for one person and then $5 for every extra person. Catch the Tranz Alpine shuttle from the hostel to the train station for only $7, book at reception.
Around The World is affiliated with The Backpacker Group – Discounted rates available at other hostels throughout the South Island www.thebackpackergroup.co.nz
UNLIMITED FREE WIFI THROUGHOUT THE HOSTEL, MAKE SURE YOU BOOK YOUR BED THROUGH OUR WEBSITE!!
For late check in’s you will receive an email after your booking has been confirmed with instructions on how to enter the hostel and where you will find your key and your room.
What we provide to all our guests:
- FREE WIFI UNLIMITED available in every dorm and in the garden
- FREE Computers available
- FREE Tea, coffee and spices for cooking
- FREE Herbs from the herb garden
- FREE Use of the BBQ
- FREE Sky TV – Movies and Sport
- FREE DVD’s to watch over 200 to choose from
- FREE Hairdryers and hair straighteners to borrow
- FREE Alarm clocks to borrow for those early starts
- FREE Unlimited national and NZ mobile calls from the guests phone
- FREE Off street parking (on a first-in, first-served basis)
- FREE Ear plugs!
- FREE Storage for the day
- Printing service available 20cents per page
We have 2 bikes available to hire, these bikes are brand new and ideal for getting around the city. Prices vary, see the activities page for more information.
Please note: security cameras throughout the hostel and in the car park. Parking in our off street parking is at your own risk, do not leave any valuables in your car and keep it locked. We have a bike shed in a secure area that everyone is welcome to use, do not leave bikes unlocked.